Sunday 23 August 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge - Rach's Sketch & Friendship Challenge


Well Im up early and posting this because we are of to a Christening at 10.30 this morning, and at the moment the weather is not looking very promising I do so hope it improves or we might be in for a soaking.

Anyway todays card is for the Just Magnolia Challenge, and this is Rach's Sketch, Im also entering it for the Friendship Challenge as well, as I thought it was quite appropriate. Ive stamped my Tilda onto white card then Ive masked her to stamp the scene behind, after which Ive coloured her with my copic pens and then cut her out with my rotatrim, before mounting her onto the dark blue pearlescent card Ive distressed the edges with a pale blue chalk inkpad. The two sentiments are one from Magnolia and the round one is a Just-Rite one, cut out with my Circle Nestabilitie dies, these were also mounted onto the same dark blue card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card with a first layer of the same dark blue pearlescent card and a paper I found on one of the Crafters Companion Cds, the second layer is the circle which I punched out with my Circle Nestabilitie die and Ive used a small flower paper on this, the third layer is a piece of light blue pearlescent card and this has a text paper on, I should say that the last two papers are from the Nitwit Download designs.

I have layered up my base card to Rach's Sketch and then mounted my image in the centre with the two sentiments mounts as instructed on the sketch. I felt that the card was a little plain as I had originally designed so I cut out one of Donna's new Dotty Flowers and moulded them with my ball tool, and punched out some fern leaves with two shades of green paper, arranged them on the larger circle and put the flower on top, I then put some orange stickles in the centre. To finish of I found a anchor button and but it at the bottom on the right hand side.

19 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, such a cute image and i love the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!! Nice colours and lovely image!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Another Utterly Beautiful Card Shirley, Love everything about it. Hope you have a good day at the Christening, and the weather improves, especially for all of us with "acky knees" LOL. Thank you for your good wishes my dear friend, cheers me up no end....improving a little as the days go by....Huge Hugs Avril xxxxx

Poppy said...

hope it stays fine...lovely card.
poppy

Marcea said...

This is gorgeous hun, I really love the soft blues. Hope it stayed dry for your christening - it is gorgeous here today but a bit breezy
Have a lovely day
-x-

dolcreations said...

Love this card. I love the colours and the image is PERFECT!
Christine

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Shirly such a sweet image and fab detail as always.
Paula xxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i lovve the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

brenda said...

Hi Shirly

Wow, really pretty, loving the colours and super cute imaghe. I'm becoming a cutie convert I think. Now that's a worrying thought.

Take care,

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley this is just awesome the image and your design is just perfect I love it......but then I love all your wonderful creations.

Hugs
Lorraine x

mi sello personal said...

Hi i have an award for you in my blog...Laura..

Denise said...

Shirley,
This is one very Gorgeous card! Love the blue color, and of course the sweet Tilda image.
Aloha & Hugs~

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is so beautiful Shirley. The colouring is perfect, and I love that flower! Thank you for the detailed instructions too -they are so helpful. I have only just found your lovely blog, via Lyn (Spyder's) blog. Have a lovely day.
Sylvia xx

cats whiskers said...

Morning Shirley Dear, this is fabulous as are all the other creations you have posted since I went AWOL had a great time looking at them all. I am in awe of your fab colouring sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

mueppi said...

Good morning Shirley
Your card is beautiful!
This image is so cute and I love your colouring!!!!!!
Immediately I go into the garden!
I wish you a wonderful day and send very many dear greetings
Gisela

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning hunny this is such a gorgeous card, i love the image and the colours youve used here. Thank you for the award hunny i will put it on my blog later this week. Big hugs to you Linda x

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Shirley thanks you for all your lovely comments while i have been a really bad blogger...there is never enough time in the day, wish i could just work part time or not at all, but then i would not be able to afford all my stash so can not win...lol you have been busy while i have been away so many great cards love them all...x hugs kirsten...x

Claireabelle said...

Shirley this is so cute! I love it
x

Elaine said...

Beautiful card, Shirley!