Friday 28 August 2009

One Card for two Challenges


I have decided to enter this card for both the Cute Card Thursday Challenge and the Stampin For the Weekend Challenge, as both are asking for a baby card, and hopefully they wont mind accepting this one for both.

I have used one of the Whiff of Joy New Parent and Wedding Stamps that were released a little while ago, to be absolutely honest this is the first time I have actually managed to stamp one of the up. This one is of Willow with her new baby, and Ive decided its a little boy. Ive coloured her with my copic pens, then cut her out with one of my new Nestabilitie dies, this one is the new Label Eight, I rather like it as it does allow you to get all the image inside of the diecut, I then used a the same die and drew around it to create a mount from a piece of dark blue pearlescent card. The sentiment is another of the same set of stamps and this also was stamped on to white card and cut out with my rotatrim, then mounted up onto a piece of the same coloured blue card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with my first layer of blue pearlescent card and one of two designs from the Nitwit downloads, both of these have hearts on, and I thought they might be more appropriate than usual baby papers. The second layer is a white patterned paper again with hearts on and Ive used my Heart Border punch by Martha Stewart, this was then stuck directly on top of the first layer. I then used a piece of paler blue card and ran it through my cuttlebug with one of my embossing folders, this also has a small heart design on, this was then stuck across the centre of my first layer, and a blue satin ribbon was then stuck around the centre of this card and attached to the back of the first layer, which was then stuck onto the base card.

The mounted image was then positioned in the centre with some foam tape to raise it a bit, and the sentiment was stuck to the bottom on the right hand side. I then created two flowers from a further pattern paper from the same set of designs this one has flowers on, I punched out four large retro flowers moulded them with my ball tool and then cut two smaller flowers out and did the same with these, they were then mounted up together with a pearl brad and spacer, which I aquired from my friend Mandy of Sparklybits, she has some lovely bits and pieces for your cards and is certainly worth a browse, with a little pram charm which I have hung from the bottom flower. Before sticking them to the card I punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in a circle with some silicone glue, and then put my flowers on top. The last thing I did was to stick a few pearls along the top and the bottom of my card.

32 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is stunning it is a delight to see so much beauty and creativity all wrapped up in one gorgeous creation you are my hero.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Vicki said...

Hi Shirley, she is such a beautiful WOJ image and perfect for this weeks SFTW challenge, what a fabulous card you've created again this week, thank you so much for playing along, good luck xx vicki xx

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Too cute...you are so talented!!

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous Baby card, Shirley:O) Love the stunning DP's, and that WOJ image is lovely. Your flowers are awsome, great layout.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Vanja said...

Beautiful card, Shirley! The WoJ image is adorable. I love the embossing and the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week and good luck! :)
Vanja

Janet said...

What a stunner Shirley.....just beautiful!x

CraftyC said...

Aww, what a gorgeous card Shirley, the colours are gorgeous, image beautiful and the flowers divine. Thankyou so much for again taking part in SFTW, its great to see your cards!
Clairex

Unknown said...

Wow Shirley this card is amazing..i just adore the colours..hugs nikki xxx

Denise said...

Very precious & beautiful card! Love the embossing & that sweet charm.

Unknown said...

Shirley another beautiful card, I just LOVE the WOJ image, she is so cute....Good Luck with the challenges, my dear friend. Hugs Avrilxxxx

Paula said...

Wow this is adorable Shirley i just love the image and what lovely soft colours.
Paula xxxx

Mandy said...

Oooo this is so beautiful. Love the soft colours
Hugs Mandy xx

Jamee said...

your card is so precious!!! the colors are so cute together and the flowers are beautiful!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a stunning image and wonderful card you've made with her, beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Hi Shirley stunning card again dear I just adore that lovely blue card and the great WOJ image, hope you ahve a fabulous BH
Hugs Jacqui x

Donna said...

A really lovely card Shirley, fabulous image to use love the whole layout and the cute pram charm, is definitely a great addition to the card. The embossed card really stands out. Hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend. Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Spyder said...

Another really beautiful card Shirley!
((Lyn))

crafty amy said...

This is such a pretty card I love the image she is just perfect and the embossing give a great bit of texture. The papers are gorgeous and the pearls are a brilliant touch.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

dolcreations said...

Wow this is a beauty. I love how much detail you have added to your card. Great job!
Christine

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another beautiful card Shirley - love the colouring and the embellishments. The little pram charm is adorable.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, This is such a gorgeous card! I love the pretty papers and the beautiful image.

Lisa x

mueppi said...

Wow.... Shirley
your card is adorable!!!
I love the colours and all details!!!
Have a great day, hun!
Big hugs Gisela

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh Shirley.. what a super sweet card. :-)
you have done a fabulous job with the papers and your coloring.
have a wonderful weekend
LIebe Gruesse
claudia

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. I love the embossing on the pearl card and that little pram charm is so sweet.

Glenda

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening shirley!! oh my hunny what a totally stunning card, i love the colours you've chosen here, and the image is perfect. Hope you've had a good day hunny i shall email you in the morning, hugs Linda x

Rach said...

gorgeous Shirley, love the blue shades that you have used and the pretty charm . hugs rachxx

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Shirley. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Denise Clark said...

Oh my! This card is just precious! Beautiful! I love the image and you've showcased it to look its very best! I love that paper.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love that pram charm!! Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Tracey said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers & the charm :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Kimmi said...

Hi Shirley..
Gorgeous baby card. Love the blues and your little Willow is coloured perfectly. The layout and design is superb! One of my favourites of yours :D

Thank you for playing along with us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and you come and join in again soon! Good Luck!

Kimmi x