Wednesday 26 August 2009

A Card for Sugar Nellie


I read on the Sugar Nellie blogspot this morning, that they were looking for Christmas cards using one of their stamps, so I thought Id give it a go. Ive used these two little ones in their sleigh. Ive stamped it out onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens, I then cut it out using the new Nestabilitie Label dies, this one is number eight, its a really nice size as it actually cuts out bigger images than some of the other ones. I did afterwards distress the edges with my chalk inkpads, and then cut a larger size of the die for the mount, though I should say what I actually did was draw around the outside of the die with a pencil and then cut it out by hand, as the next size up would have been far to big for my mount. I also did a similar thing with the sentiment, and this time used one of the new ribbon tags, and mounted a greeting onto the punched out tag.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card and the papers Ive used this time are from the new Bearly Mine Extreme Designs Vol.III from Donna, these are the Xmas designs, and Ive used two of them for this card. The first mount is on dark blue pearlescent card and Ive used a snowflake design for this one, and then Ive cut out a 7"x 7" inch square from a snowman and fir tree design, and used my new snowflake border and corner punches to create a mount to go on top of the first layer. The third mount is a piece of pale blue pearlescent card that Ive put through my cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder, this was then stuck down the centre of the base card.

I then positioned my mounted image in the centre of the last layer, and then threaded some ribbon through the tag ends which I then fastened to the back of the first layer, then stuck this all to my base card. Ive also punched out some snowflakes and dipped the ends into glue then into some of the Twinklets Diamond Dust to create a really snowy edge to them, these were then stuck around the top of my card.

21 comments:

brenda said...

How cute is this Shirley, lovely layout as well.

B x

Paula said...

Wow Shirley this is really beautiful the image is adorable and such fab papers and details.
Paula xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning Shirley just stunning that image is just so beautiful and the colours are fabulous it looks so designer and very professional.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Poppy said...

great card Shirley.
poppy

Janet said...

This is sooo beautiful Shirley....I am sure Sugar Nellie will love it! x

Denise said...

Aloha Shirley,

this card is so pretty with that adorable image. I love the blue colors for Christmas instead of the traditional red & green. Great Job!!
HUGS~

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card Shirley, love the cute image and your gorgeous colouring.
Must make a start on my Christmas cards!
Thanks for all your kind comments...I've not been able to make on comment on Blogger blogs for a week due to computer problems.
Hugs
Carole x

Spyder said...

Another brilliant card, so much detail and so well thought out and put together.Love it!!
Brilliant brilliant card

((Lyn))
ps, Can I be on your Christmas List!

:o)

mueppi said...

Good morning my dear Shirley
Your card is beautiful again!
The image is quite charming, and your colours I really liked it!
I wish you a wonderful day and send very many dear greetings
your friend Gisela

cats whiskers said...

Wow Shirley you just get better and better love this gorgeous christmas card, that BP is perfect as is the embossing
Hugs Jacqui x

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card Shirley - it is lovely seeing all the christmas cards but I bet we are all fed up by October, lol. Fab details
-x-

Denise Clark said...

So pretty and feels so wintry! I love that pearlescent paper! Wonderful image! She's so sweet!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous Christmas card, wonderful sweet image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Hiya Shirley

Lovely Card and beautiful colouring

Hugs

Jo XX

Bev said...

What a delightful card Shirley, gorgeous image and papers and as always superb details x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Shirley - love the image and the colouring. The background papers, and the layout, are perfect.
Love, Sylvia xx

Unknown said...

Its a lovely card so cute, love the colours too,
hugs Angela x

andrea said...

i love this card it is so cute and fab colours,there is a little something on my blog for you
andrea

Ali Dantre said...

Hi ya Shirley..I am such a bad blogger lately please forgive me darlin. I have planned today I will visit all my friends & see what creations you have all done. None the less Shirley you do it everytime my seet friend. Look just how stunning your work is!. They will use this card babes. I love all the colours you used. It's simply stunning.

Big Hugs
Love
Lisa.xxx

Rach said...

fabulous shirley, great colouring of your image.. hugs rachxx