Monday 31 August 2009

A Card for the Just Magnolia Challenge Ribbons and Bows


Good Morning everyone, hope that you are enjoying your bank holiday, though we have rain here in Gloucester this morning, but hopefully you are experiencing something better where you are. Ive already been up defrosting my freezer this morning, putting a load of washing on, and setting of my breadmaker, so at the moment Im feeling pretty good about myself.

Anyway back to business, todays card has been created for this weeks Just Magnolia Challenge, Ribbon and Bows, Ive used one of the stamps that were released earlier with the safari set, this one has Tilda sitting with her cat. It was one that had been given to me in a RAK and unfortunately because of its size I wasnt able to put a background behind it, so thought it might work as a cut out image positioned over a diecut. Anyway I coloured her with my copic pens then cut her out completely.

The base card is my usual 8"x 8" white card, and onto this I have layer up a piece of dark pink pearlescent card and one of three beautiful designs from the new Bearly Mine Extreme designs Vol.III cd, the second and third layers I have used one of my Marth Stewart border punches on, then layered them up over the first layer. The fourth layer is another piece of the same pearlescent card but again Ive put it through my cuttlebug with one of the recent released embossing folder, I love this one with beautiful leaf design. Before sticking it across my base layer, Ive wrapped two piece of the same ribbon across and attached them to the back, and then I have attached a bow on the bottom one.

On top of this layer I have put my stamped image, but firstly I punched out a large blossom die cut with one of my Nestabilitie die, and then cut a smaller one out with another of the papers from the cd I used earlier, stuck them together then posititioned my Tilda over the bottom edge. Around at each point I have stuck a pearl. I also stamped out a greeting with a red inkpad layered it up of another piece of the same card, and positioned it under the bow at the bottom.

I then created two flowers from Hydrangea petals and popped a pink pearl brad and spacer through the centres, these were aquired from my friend Mandy or Sparklybits, and I also hung a cat charm from the bottom flower. I then created a little swag from a piece of the same ribbon that was left and with some silicone glue, and punched out leaves, I have created two places on the card to then stick my flowers on top. I must apologise for the flaring on the pearlescent my camera seems to enjoy doing this on anything thats got a shiny surface, I hope it doesnt spoil your being able to see it properly, Im not the best photographer very much an amateur at this game.

20 comments:

Rach said...

wonderful card Shirley, so sweet, love the colours that you have used. sounds like you have had a busy morning already.. it is dry here at the moment, but i am sure that the rain will be with us shortly...hugs rachx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley couldn't take my eyes of this one beautiful colours it all looks so rich and sumptuous the detail is amazing I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lora said...

beautiful card, love the colours and those papers are lush.
hugs Lora x

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card hun, really pretty. I must go say hi to Mandy - used to be on a forum with her :o)
Hope you enjoy your day
-x-

Carole said...

Wonderful card Shirley...and what a busy bee you've been today!
Love all your fabulous details.
My computer virus is sorted now...haven't been able to leave comments on blogger blogs :-(
Hugs
Carole x

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

So much the same as any Monday then ?

Gorgous card as usual, love the embossed mirri strip across the middle, really sets the card off a treat.

B x

Linda said...

Hey Shirley! Wow, wow, wow! Again, another beautiful piece of artwork! You are one awesome lady! Have a wonderful week my friend ... sending you sunshine from Hawaii! xoxo, Linda

P.S.: I haven't forgetten about the awards - just busy with family stuff ... take care and hope things go well with hubby!

Mandy said...

This is sooooo beautiful, the embossed mirri looks fab, love the colours and image too xx

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I'm loving all of the pink!! Beautiful card :)

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Wow - what a busy day you have had. Fresh bread mm mmm mm... I love that smell!

Love your card. Such beautiful details and great embossing.

Hope all is well with hubby.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

A really pretty card, so much gorgeous detail!!
hugs Angela x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful card Shirley. Love the embellishments and the colours, and the papers are absolutely gorgeous. Hope you get some sunshine today!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous sweet card, wonderful Tilda and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Wow this is beautiful Shirley i love the layout and such fab colours and details.
Paula xxxx

Donna said...

Wow Shirley, that's one awesome card........I love everything about it......simply gorgeous my dear.
Hope your weather was a little better today, we had rain on and off all day, so more time for crafting.
hugs
Donna xx

Anonymous said...

Awww.. stunning Shirly, love the sweetness and cute Tilda, gorgeous!

Hugs, Marlene x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Shirley, wow hunny what a truly gorgeous card, such a stunning image and those papers are just luscious!! i love the detail you've added, as always you have put so much love into this card. Love it hunny. Hugs Linda x

Kim Dellow said...

WOW! Take my breath away, I love the details and the colours are yum! Kim

Bev said...

Wonderful card Shirley, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week x